There is a saying ‘You snooze, you lose’.
I’m beginning to think that the world of awards is rather like that.
A few days ago lovely Little Binky from Angelswhisper were kind enough to think of me for the new WordPress Family Award. I was chuffed. It’s a lovely award with a beautiful sentiment behind it so thank you so much for thinking of me Little Binky.
I posted my Park Day post for Gizmo and then before I could turn around my lovely guinea pig pals (I’m sure Basil was behind it), over at Hutchagoodlife had given me the award too!
Isn’t it a great award?
Quoted from the Rules: “This is an award for everyone who is part of the “Word Press Family” I started this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honour to start this award”
The rules are as follows:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. (tick)
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. (tick,tick)
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family (tick)
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them (soon to be tick)
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
Now you will understand the snoozing and losing aspect of awards. I have noticed that most of my WordPress pals have been given this award in the 24 hours it has taken me to get The Help to the computer.
I had decided that I was therefore going to throw the award open to anyone who hasn’t yet received it and then (as is a female’s prerogative), I changed my mind. I know that some of you have probably already received this award but I want to thank you for supporting me and entering into the ‘spirit’ of the fun of this blog and for sharing your lives and humour with us. In no particular order but with sincere thanks:
1. Our Furever Family who at this time are going through a very tough time and one that all of us can understand and sympathise with.
2. Cat From Hell. Nellie you’re always fun and full of wise advice too.
3. One Spoiled Cat. Sammy, I’m still enjoying the camping competition and looking forward to the pyjama party!
4. Jasper’s Doggy World. My pals over the pond.
5. Long Life Cats and Dogs. We really pulled together to try and get pixels over the line and we almost did it. It was truly a family affair!
6. Clowie’s Corner. One of my first and most loyal supporters who followed Zac before keeping step with me.
7. Easy. No award list would skip Easy and I’m sure he’s already been given the award over and over, but I wouldn’t leave him out.
Now one of my other most faithful and greatest supporters are not WordPress but (horror) using other blog publication applications so I’m not sure if it is entirely in the rules to pass the award on to them but I don’t care!
8. Mollie. Mollie and Alfie are the greatest fun and the most faithful friends and now have a most exciting shop too. I will not leave them off my list!
There are many more of you. In fact most of you who follow me probably deserve this award! In which case, please feel free to take the last two places on my list and help yourself to this award 😀
Love from Zena, the family Princess 🙂