It isn’t me that’s tardy – it’s The Help. She can give loads of excuses but the fact remains. She has not blogged about me for days and days and days. This is not good enough. I have a public to keep informed. Perhaps I should switch to Twitter so I can Tweet my every move.
‘Just been to the park BOL. Barked at white Maltese.’
‘Finished most of my dinner. Having a drink now then it’s tummy rub time.’
I do think that I could be popular. After all some of the tweets out there are not as interesting. However, I would still have to use The Help so I expect it would fail.
Now that I’m here I must get on with some lovely business. Our wonderful pal Easy gave me the Liebster award. I don’t know how many of these Liebster awards are out there but this one must have been made with me in mind. It is pink! So thank you, thank you, thank you Easy. If you don’t know Easy he is a very handsome Weimeraner who lives in a French village and leads a very interesting life. I always know I am going to have a smile on my face when I go and visit so I recommend you pop over too.
I need to tell you eleven things about myself:
1. I am in charge of civil disobedience at the park now. Whenever a dog is down I am there barking until it gets up and is safe again. Can’t have the others picking on it.
2. There is a Jack Russell called Pippin who lives in one of the gardens alongside the park and we love to race up and down barking and snarling at each other but if Pippin comes into the park we ignore each other 🙂 I love a bit of contrariness.
3. The Help is growing my hair longer again which means more brushing 😦 but I am prettier 🙂
4. Right at this moment I am lying in front of the air conditioner because it’s over 32 C outside!
5. Also right now I am not feeling too well. I haven’t eaten cheesecake Easy but I still feel that there is a queasiness in my tummy. Raffles was ill for a few days and got to eat cooked chicken and rice. I am hoping for the same!
6. I am the main guard dog in the house now. The puppy looks to me for when to bark! I’m looking forward to handing over those duties in a few months.
7. I have decided recently that I have been too easy on The Help. To keep her on her toes and to keep the focus on me I have begun to insist on variety for dinner, and I don’t like it all mixed up. It has to be kept in separate little compartments 🙂 After all, I am a Princess!
8. I have never eaten ice-cream. I think this is a great lack in my life and it has become one of my ambitions to try ice cream one day, simply because so many of you tell me how good it is on your blogs.
9. I am able to eat a whole bowl of food very quickly and leave the half of a little white pill that The Help wants me to eat. Do it every time 🙂
10. Michelle who lives in France is staying with me at the moment so I am getting even more cuddles and attention 🙂 You can read about my french cousins Boodle and Dunthorne here in Zac‘s blog. I’m sorry she couldn’t bring the dogs with her, we could have had fun but I do understand it’s a long way for them to come.
11. I am an honorary poodle at the park and since Raffles and Ringo have grown so similar I also have to check the right dog goes home with the right owner! Can you spot the difference in the photo above or below?
Now Easy has asked me eleven more questions which I have to answer (phew).
1. What was your favourite book/movie in your childhood? Lady and the Tramp. I love Lady and wanted curly hair just like hers.
2. What was the animal of your dreams as a child? Pegasus because he can fly and sometimes I watch the birds and think it would be cool to fly. Then when I joined Zac he told me that horses were evil so my dreams of Pegasus whisking me up into the tree tops was abandoned.
3. Can you read books or watch movies about anipals without an happy end? No, I am made sad too easily. Life has been sad enough I don’t want to read about sad stories!
4. If you have to describe your anipal with one word, what would you choose? I asked The Help about this and she paused and then said ‘Uncomplicated’. Not sure I like that. When Zac was with me she would have called me joyful.
5. If you had to pick “The animal of the year” who would it be? Now that Zac isn’t here I guess I can like horses again so it would have to the racehorse Black Caviar.
6. Is there any animal of the world who scares you? Pretty much any animal that shows it’s teeth but in particular bears. As we don’t have bears in Australia I will continue to be scared of sharks in the water and snakes in the long grass.
7. Have you ever tried Dog- or Cat food? The Help tells me that when she was a child she ate the dog’s chocolate drops! Really you cannot take her anywhere.
8. Would you like to understand Dog- or Cat language? I would love The Help to be better at dog so that she can understand what I am saying faster.
9. Would you like do know what your anipals are thinking? Really? She thinks she does but thankfully she doesn’t 🙂
10. What was the funniest thing what you bought for your anipal? Raffles! Here was I expecting a cute little puppy and in walked colossus – very amusing.
Now I’m not going to award anyone because I don’t know who has this award. Probably most of you by now.
What I will say is that if you are reading this and don’t have it please help yourself 🙂
Now I must go and continue to prepare my tent for the camping trip with Sammy. I’ve completed my scavenger hunt and now I’m just getting a few bits and pieces together a Princess needs to go camping. Remember, I do not like to get wet, muddy or too hot. I like soft cushions, good food and company. So camping should be right up my street BOL 😀
Love Zena, the rather warm Princess.