Yes folks. Once again I am thrilled to announce that I have been recognised by one of my fellow bloggers and I count this as a huge achievement. Why? Because this time it is a cat! Yes. You heard me. A cat.
A cat has done me the honour of nominating my blog for the ‘Seven Things About Me’ Award.
This very special and discerning feline is Sammy from The One Spoiled Cat Blog. I have got to know Sammy a little from this blog and I have to say folks that I think the name is rather appropriate! Sammy is a rather lucky cat and he knows it. He is a rather smart and good looking ginger tabby, I do so admire his coat. He photographs really well which is a very important step to stardom. And yes, he is spoiled but it hasn’t spoiled him. So go and check Sam out if you don’t know him. He once chased a fox – really! I thought that was very
dumb brave 🙂
Sammy and I did get pretty tight when his pal Mollie was
kidnapped eloped stolen missing.
This is my new award which if word press is behaving itself will appear to the right of my blog. As word press swallowed several of my awards last week I am now watching them closely. I think there is some sabotage going on. I do not think Doggy is behind it, he is innocent this time.
I think this is a pretty wonderful award because it gives me permission to talk about something which is very important to me. ME!
I get to tell you seven (only seven though) things about me. As this whole blog is about me you already know a ton of things. However, we never sit down and chat over a bone or a chew toy so you actually don’t know some of the simplest things about me. The sorts of things you would know about a close friend. So I decided to tell you some of those things.
1. My favourite scent: Possum Poo. Really, it is the best smell for miles and girls if you ever want to garner some extra interest at the leash-free, roll in some possum poo before a walk.
2. My favourite colour: This was harder. I love yellow because it’s a happy colour and red because it suits me, but in the end I have to say pink because Magic introduced me to pink and she taught me that it’s the colour for girly girls. But then I am black……. okay, I like lots of colours 🙂
3. My favourite film – Up.
4. My favourite film star – Higgins. Who you ask? Higgins. He was the star of the Benji film and a real cutie with a great story. He was a mutt who was found in a shelter and rose to stardom but he still remained faithful and had his paws firmly on the ground. Yes, I know. You thought I’d go for someone light and frivolous like Lady from Lady and the Tramp didn’t you? Well I admire hard won success and Higgins is a real success story. He made it against all the odds, without privilege or advantage and I take comfort from his story and hope that one day I too will be discovered.
5. My favourite song – ‘I thought I lost you’ from Bolt. That one always brings a tear to my eye.
6. My favourite bedtime reading – ‘Princess Zelda and the Frog’, The Producer changes it to Princess Zena and the Frog 🙂
7. My favourite hobby – That does change a little bit. At the moment it’s ‘Tease the puppy’. I like to grab a chew of some description and casually walk over to him, I drop it just past his nose and when I have his attention I scoop it up and quickly walk (or run) away. It works every time 😀
So those are some of my favourite things so I hope you feel you know me a little better now.
Now to name seven other blogs to talk about their seven favourite things. Once again guys, I have tried to check your blogs to see if you have the award, sorry if I missed it and have doubled up. If you have an aversion to awards, just enjoy the fact that we thought of you 🙂
I hope everyone has a happy Monday and rest of the week. I will leave you with a real time photo of me which The Producer just took. Not my best angle, but having just come back from another jaunt around the park I am just chilling and thinking about a few of my favourite things…..
Love from Zena – The Flamboyant Princess